Photo By: Pixabay
Last year your loved one had an obsession with infinity scarves, and the year before that it was bath bombs. This year you are at a loss – they just bought a house so they already have the biggest holiday gift of all already, right? Wrong! Becoming a homeowner is the gift that keeps on giving, but there are plenty of items you can give them this year to make their house a home. Treehouse Gift & Home has a wide variety of great ideas, and the following are just a few suggestions to help you find the perfect gift to give the new homeowner:
- Welcome mat – We’ve all seen the simple welcome mats gracing front steps everywhere, but why not take it up a notch with a colorful new welcome mat? Or consider a flag that offers a cheerful greeting whenever they approach their new abode, or something that invites God into their home. It’s the perfect way to create a welcoming presence and further seal the deal that this is their new home sweet home.
- Holiday help – Moving into a new home is a lot of work, from unpacking boxes, to arranging furniture, to simply finding time to keep somewhat of a normal routine. Bless them by offering your services, whether it is helping to assemble furniture, finding the perfect home for the items in all those boxes, or bringing over dinner. Another great help is to clean their carpets for them. Just keep in mind the differences between steam vs. shampoo as you decide what will be best for their needs.
- Personal assistant – No, we aren’t referring to a celeb-status personal assistant, but being able to play music, check the weather, read an audiobook, or listen to the traffic report with nothing but a voice command pretty close. The Amazon Echo will come in handy when they need some upbeat music to make it through yet another box, or want to get lost in a book while also working their way through that long to-do list.
- Throw blanket – Who doesn’t love snuggling up with a soft, fuzzy blanket at the end of a long day? A soft Vera Bradley fleece throw is the perfect way to rest and relax, and it can even double as a pretty accent when draped over a couch or chair. Nubby pillows make a comfy accent as well.
- Scented candle – Candles are another house-warming go-to, and there are so many to choose from. However, most of the time, once the candle burns to the end it has finished its job. Opt for a candle in a beautiful glass jar which can be kept to house trinkets, jewelry, or serve as a mantel piece once the soothing fragrance has melted away. (You might also share with them Better Homes & Gardens’ tips for cleaning residual wax, like freezing the jar or baking it in the oven.)
- Holiday ornament – There are holiday ornaments galore, but how special would it be to have a customized, handmade ornament reminding them of their new home? Unskinny Boppy explains all you need to do is snap a quality picture of the new home, trace it onto clay, shape, bake and paint it. They’ll have an ornament to be displayed on the Christmas tree year after year, serving as a wonderful reminder of this new and exciting experience.
- Explore online – we’ve compiled plenty of choices here, but sometimes new homeowners have very specific needs. There is no reason to go broke if a new appliance or similar home item is the right choice, just look for Cyber Monday deals to stretch your dollars.
It can sometimes be difficult to figure out what to give everyone for the holidays, but with a new homeowner in your midst, you are blessed with a plethora of options. No matter what you choose, they are sure to appreciate the thought you put into it as they enjoy the holidays in their brand new home.
Visit Treehouse Gift & Home for more great ideas for all your holiday shopping!